Congratulations! You’ve been working hard for months and have finished designing and building a homerun booth for your next trade show. Now, it’s time to start promoting the booth and your presence at the big event.
The first step to an impressive and effective promotional campaign is getting some high-quality, professional pictures. Read on for some tips that will help you choose the right booth photographer for your next event.
Why Hire An Independent Exhibiting Photographer?
Could you take photographs yourself or work with the official show photographer? Sure.
In general, though, you’ll get the best photos when you invest in an independent photographer who has plenty of experience, as well as the time to listen to your creative vision and get to know your brand before they start shooting.
How To Choose The Best Exhibit Photographer?
If you’re convinced that you need to hire an independent photographer, here are 5 essential factors to keep in mind when deciding whom to employ:
- Ask About Their Experience: How long has this photographer been photographing trade show booths and exhibits? What percentage of their work is dedicated to trade show promotional photography? Look for someone who has plenty of experience and knows the tricks of the trade, so to speak, such as photographing your booth from all angles and capturing plenty of photos of demonstrations and contests.
- Review Pricing Breakdowns: It’s usually more expensive to hire an independent photographer than it is to work with someone hired by the show or with a member of your own staff. However, the extra expense can be worth it if it provides you with better promotional materials. To find the best deal on professional photography, get quotes from a few people before making your final decision. This gives you a chance to compare and find someone who will give you the most bang for your buck.
- Consider Delivery Timelines and Formats: When you’re getting pricing quotes, it’s also a good idea to ask about delivery timelines and formats. How long does it take, on average, for the photographer to deliver your photos? In what format do they deliver them? Is the file type compatible with your equipment and the tools you’ll be using?
- Ask About Expectations: Question photographers about their process the day of the photoshoot as well. How long does a typical photoshoot take? Will they come early to figure out lighting, posing, talk to you about your vision, etc.? Knowing what to expect can help you prepare and get the most out of the professional shoot.
- Check Out Previous Work: Finally, don’t forget to look into each photographer’s previous work. Do you like their style? Do they provide high-quality images that seem to reflect each brand’s vision and values?
Find The Perfect Photographer Today
Professional photography makes all the difference to your trade show digital marketing and social media marketing campaigns.
As you begin preparing for this year’s upcoming events, keep the tips listed above in mind. Follow them and you’ll have no trouble tracking down the perfect photographer who can capture the essence of your booth and showcase it in its best light.
By: Skyline Exhibits –