Skyline Exhibits conducted research among exhibitors to learn about the status of International Exhibiting. We compared the results received in 2018 to those from a similar survey sent in 2008. The net results of the survey indicated that international exhibiting continues to increase as a viable tactic for companies looking to grow their markets, market their companies’ presence and products internationally and promote their brands. However, the way companies exhibit internationally has changed.
In this white paper there are 4 separate sections:
- International Events especially as they relate to U.S. companies exhibiting abroad. This is the most extensive part of the report.
- Domestic U.S. Events and how international companies are exhibiting in the US. This includes information on the challenges and unexpected cost international exhibitors may face when exhibiting in the U.S.
- Write-in responses from exhibitors who have planned and executed their companies’ presence at international shows. These responses are grouped and ranked in order of importance to help readers learn from their peers.
- Demographic details outlining who responded to the survey.
Other key learnings regarding international exhibit are:
- Overall marketing budgets continue to shift and for some decrease causing some companies to decrease their international exhibiting budgets and presence at international shows
- Some companies are focusing more on international exhibiting as their companies seek new growth opportunities. Many have now made international exhibiting part of their ongoing marketing strategy
- Europe (Germany and the UK in particular), Canada and Mexico are key geographies for U.S. Companies exhibiting internationally
- Security concerns were not a key concern for exhibitors
- Pre-show promotions, especially utilizing digital marketing, have increased in usage and importance for international exhibitors
- As with domestic shows planning well ahead of time can help prevent cost overruns
To read detailed findings and quotes from your peers exhibiting internationally please request the full white here