Covid-19 Daily News Updates – Download September 29, 2020
Covid-19 Daily News Updates brought to you by Skyline Entourage to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. We know as business owners and marketers that working from home cam be hectic. This is meant to serve as another resource you can rely on from our team to help support you.
For your convenience we’ve prepared a downloadable PDF of Covid-19 Daily News Updates and headlines. You can download your copy that you can share with your team here. Click Here to Download a PDF version.
- Canadian households optimistic about housing, despite the second wave of the virus. 44% of respondents expect the value of real estate in their neighborhoods to increase over the next six months. Last month, home prices and sales reached a record from the pent-up demand and low rates.
- Amazon set to hire 3,500 Canadians as it expands in British Colombia and Ontario. Jobs to be in corporate and tech sectors, including software development engineers and user experience designers, among others. Amazon has invested more than $11 billion in Canada thus far.
- Multiple regions in the province are now in the red alert zone, including Montreal and Quebec City. Under the red zone, visitors to private homes are now banned, theaters, libraries, concert halls, indoor dining rooms, bars and casinos are all closed. Take-out will still be allowed.
- Olymel to invest more than $31.5 million in its poultry slaughterhouse in Saint-Damase, which is set to bring in 80 additional jobs. The investment will allow the producer, processor and distributor of pork and poultry meat to equip the plant with additional cutting, boning and packaging lines.
- Walmart in talks with Tata Group for investment of up to $25 billion in the Indian conglomerate’s planned “super app”. The app, set to launch in January, will tie in all of Tata’s consumer business, like healthcare, grocery, insurance, fashion, as well as offerings from Walmart’s flipkart.
- United Airlines avoids 2,850 furloughs that were set to begin this week. The airliner and its pilots have reached an agreement that will allow United to spread a reduced amount of flying across the airline’s 13,000 pilots to save jobs at least until next June.
- According to UK think tank, public spending is likely to rise to highest share of national income in more than a decade because of COVID-19. The Plan will depend on how much of the additional £70 billion of public service spending to deal with virus this year will need to be repeated.
- Nokia set to become major beneficiary of Huawei being blocked from UK’s 5G networks. The Finnish telecom firm has closed a deal to become the largest equipment provider to Britain. The deal plans to also replace Huawei in the country’s 2G and 4G networks.
Missed a day? Visit our archives page for all Covid-19 Daily News Updates.