Covid-19 Daily News Updates – Download September 25, 2020
Covid-19 Daily News Updates brought to you by Skyline Entourage to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. We know as business owners and marketers that working from home cam be hectic. This is meant to serve as another resource you can rely on from our team to help support you.
For your convenience we’ve prepared a downloadable PDF of Covid-19 Daily News Updates and headlines. You can download your copy that you can share with your team here. Click Here to Download a PDF version.
- TMX Group Ltd signs an agreement to acquire AST Investor Services Inc. for $165 million. AST Investor Services and its subsidiary AST Trust Company (Canada) provide transfer agency, corporate trust, and related services to public & private Canadian companies.
- Prime minister Trudeau looks to have won support from one of the opposition parties to push through parliament a bold spending plan and avoid election. Liberals lacked majority in legislature, backing from another party was needed. The NDP intend to back the proposal after negotiations.
- With rising COVID-19 cases in the province, Quebec health minister is once again asking residents to stay home unless necessary and also telling people to cancel upcoming Thanksgiving plans. Minister is pleading to avoid social contacts in an attempt to avoid another confinement.
- Multinational Quebec firm Premier Tech set to accomplish massive investment in Bécancour, of an unconfirmed amount around $200 million. According to still unconfirmed reports, the investment is set to be in a processing plant. An official announcement is said to take place in October.
- Report shows investors pulled $25.8 billion out of U.S. equity funds in the week to Wednesday, third biggest outflow ever from the asset class. Money was pulled from sectors that profited the most from the crisis rebound. Tech stocks suffered a $1 billion outflow & U.S. blue chips a massive $11.6 billion.
- Imports surge as U.S. retailers stockpile amidst rising pandemic concerns. U.S. imports jumped 5.9% to a record in August. The report also showed that imports of household appliances jumped 79.7% and furniture imports by 38.1%, fueled by retailers like Ikea and Target.
- The UK government has borrowed some £35.9 billion in August to tackle economic fallout from the pandemic and has taken its toll on public finances. Figures also showed that total UK debt has passed £2 trillion, for the first time in history. The figure now exceeds the size of the UK economy.
- UK’s treasury chief announces a new income support program for workers affected by the pandemic as the government races to find an alternative to prevent widespread layoffs once earlier employer subsidies are set to end next month. The subsidy plan was unveiled Thursday.
Missed a day? Visit our archives page for all Covid-19 Daily News Updates.