Covid-19 Daily News Updates – Download September 17, 2020
Covid-19 Daily News Updates brought to you by Skyline Entourage to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. We know as business owners and marketers that working from home cam be hectic. This is meant to serve as another resource you can rely on from our team to help support you.
For your convenience we’ve prepared a downloadable PDF of Covid-19 Daily News Updates and headlines. You can download your copy that you can share with your team here. Click Here to Download a PDF version.
- As the weather gets cooler and COVID-19 cases rise, Canadians are looking to extend patio season, especially for outdoor heaters. According to the Retail Council Canada, the demand is so high that retailers are struggling to keep them in stock.
- Canadian Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) board of directors approved a deal with a Los Angeles based private investment firm to acquire the company’s assets including majority of its retail stores. MEC stated this was needed to ensure a stable future of business. Financials were not disclosed.
- Quebec based convenience store giant, Couche-Tard, owner of Circle K, takes electric car strategy to North America after learning from European consumer habits. The company plans to add charging stations on the west coast of the U.S. and Canada and eyes at-home vehicle charging as well.
- Montreal payment provider Nuvei soars in TSX trading debut. The Montreal based payment processor’s stock jumped more than 50% in the first hour trading on TSX. The company facilitates online and in-person payments. It’s listed at $26 a share and was previously valued at $2 billion U.S.
- Insurer MetLife Inc. announces it will buy the vision-care benefits company Versant Health for $1.68 billion from an investor group led by Centerbridge Partners and FFL partners. The deal is expected to close in 2020’s fourth quarter and add to insurers earnings and free cash flow.
- Amazon invests in battery recycling start-up, Redwood Materials. Although the exact investment amount hasn’t been disclosed, it is part of Amazon’s $2 billion Climate Pledge Fund. Redwood to work with Amazon to recycle electric vehicle batteries, other lithium batteries and e-waste.
- Cheaper restaurant meals by the “Eat Out to Help Out” scheme saw prices rise at slowest rate in five years. UK’s inflation rate, that tracks prices of goods & services, fell to 0.2% in August from 1%. Although low inflation is good for consumers, it is bad for savers as it affects interest rates.
- Citing a lack of clarity over UK’s future trade relationship with EU and the path of COVID-19 pandemic also weighing, the Bank of England has kept interest rates at 0.1%. Although the economy recovered much of the lost output, the outlooks remains “unusually uncertain”.
Missed a day? Visit our archives page for all Covid-19 Daily News Updates.