Covid-19 Daily News Updates – Download October 14, 2020
Covid-19 Daily News Updates brought to you by Skyline Entourage to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. We know as business owners and marketers that working from home cam be hectic. This is meant to serve as another resource you can rely on from our team to help support you.
For your convenience we’ve prepared a downloadable PDF of Covid-19 Daily News Updates and headlines. You can download your copy that you can share with your team here. Click Here to Download a PDF version.
- Even a pandemic can’t slow Canada’s housing market, with prices nationwide set to end the year higher than were they started. Median home prices in Canada are expected to reach $693,000 by the end of the year, a 7% increase from 2019’s year end.
- Soaring commercial auto insurance rates, burdensome conditions “killing small businesses. Insurance Bureau of Canada reason why policy requirements are getting tighter and premiums higher is due to the pandemic as insurers have been confronted with increased costs.
- The Quebec government’s flu vaccine program expected to begin November 1st, but concerns are now rising that everyone who wants one will get one. The pandemic has increased demand for the flu vaccine to help keep people safe but the increased demand is leading to shortages, delivery, and training issues.
- Days after Montreal mayor warned of impending doom for city’s downtown core, a bailout of over $250 million has been announced. In total, the city is set to receive $263million in aid, to be spent in 2020 and 2021. The money is to help balance the city’s budget.
- Eli Lilly and Co announces that the government-sponsored clinical trial of its COVID-19 antibody treatment, similar to the one taken by President Trump, has been paused due to safety concerns. Earlier in the month, Eli Lilly was said to apply for emergency use authorization.
- After Tesla shares surged more than 400% this year, billionaire investor, Ron Baron believes the automaker will be a $2trillion company. M. Baron believes Telsa’s sales will grow 50% annually in coming years. Baron currently holds more than $7.3 million Tesla shares as of September 30th.
- World Trade Organization ruling may let the European Union impose new border taxes on up to $4billion in U.S. goods annually as retaliation for subsidies provided to Boeing. This decision is the latest in a running feud between U.S. and EU over state subsidies for Boeing and EU’s Airbus.
- China records strong growth in trade, while other major economies struggle. September exports rose 9.9%, while imports grew 13.2%. Data suggests a rapid recovery in China from an initial reduction in overseas orders due to the pandemic.
Missed a day? Visit our archives page for all Covid-19 Daily News Updates.