Covid-19 Daily News Updates – Download November 10, 2020
Covid-19 Daily News Updates brought to you by Skyline Entourage to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. We know as business owners and marketers that working from home cam be hectic. This is meant to serve as another resource you can rely on from our team to help support you.
For your convenience we’ve prepared a downloadable PDF of Covid-19 Daily News Updates and headlines. You can download your copy that you can share with your team here. Click Here to Download a PDF version.
- Unifor says its members at General Motors Canada have voted 85% in favor of a new three-year contract that will mean the return of production to the automaker’s Oshawa assembly plant. The deal covers 1,700 workers in three Ontario cities. GM plans an investment of $1-1.3billion.
- Canadian prime minister Trudeau is said to have spoken to president-elect Biden about China’s imprisonment of two Canadians in retaliation for the arrest of Huawei top executive and Trudeau expects Biden to be a good partner in helping to convince Beijing to release them.
- Quebec City based Medicago says it has received promising early test results for its plant derived vaccine for COVID-19. The firm says its interim phase 1 clinical trials found that 100% of subjects developed promising antibody response after two doses of the vaccine candidate.
- Montreal mayor Plante announces new snow removal policies as she takes early steps in addressing the city’s first remote-work winter. The plan aims to establish a shared responsibility and better flexibility between residents. Plante urges residents to use the INFO-Neige MTL app.
- American Airlines Group announces a proposed underwritten public offering of 38.5million shares of its common stock, as the airline hopes to boost its liquidity amid falling sales during the pandemic. Bank of America priced the shares at $13, representing a 1.5% discount.
- U.S. treasury yields fell slightly as the selling pressures sparked by hopeful news of a COVID-19 vaccine eased. The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note traded at 0.95% and the 30-year bond rate dipped to 1.735%. Benchmark yield rates reached 0.975%, the highest since March.
- EU regulators charge Amazon with distorting competition in online retail and opened a second investigation into its business practices. The European Commission has been investigating Amazon’s dual role as a marketplace for merchants and a rival seller since July 2019.
- UK’s unemployment rate rose to 4.8% in the three months to September, up from 4.5% as the pandemic keeps hitting the job market. Firms have made more workers redundant in anticipation of the end of the furlough scheme, which was set to end in October, now extended until March.
Missed a day? Visit our archives page for all Covid-19 Daily News Updates.