Covid-19 Daily News Updates – Download July 8, 2020
Covid-19 Daily News Updates brought to you by Skyline Entourage to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. We know as business owners and marketers that working from home cam be hectic. This is meant to serve as another resource you can rely on from our team to help support you.
For your convenience we’ve prepared a downloadable PDF of Covid-19 Daily News Updates and headlines. You can download your copy that you can share with your team here. Click Here to Download a PDF version.
- Canadian airlines, including Westjet and Air Canada are said to be ignoring COVID precautions and denying customers refunds. News comes as airlines are now back to selling the middle seat again, all stating that the move was temporary and no longer necessary with health protocols now in place.
- Finance minister Morneau to unveil snapshot of current state of economy. The report is expected to show the current state of federal deficit and the impact of the $193 billion spent on direct COVID-19 aid to Canadians. The report will also compare Canada’s response with other countries.
- World’s largest vaccine maker, Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) has put its vaccine booster technology to work in a potential new COVID-19 shot, set to be developed with Quebec biopharmaceutical company Medicago. The booster is set to use plant-based technology.
- Uber launches new grocery delivery service in partnership with Cornershop, a Chilean online grocery provider which Uber holds majority of stakes, will allow multiple cities in North and South America, including Montreal to order groceries from local stores though UberEats.
- Trump administration notified congress and UN it will formally withdraw from the World Health Organization. Notice said to trigger one-year timeline, taking effect July 6, 2021. US contributes $450 million, to the WHO while China only contributes $40 million.
- US homebuyer mortgage demand surges some 33% higher than a year ago while rates set another low. Mortgage applications to purchase rose 5% for the week according to Mortgage Bankers Association Index. The only thing standing in the way of increased sales is low supply of homes.
- Chinese firm Sinovac to start phase III trials of its potential coronavirus vaccine in Brazil. It will be one of three companies to move into late stages trials. The study set to recruit some 9,000 healthcare professionals working in COVID-19 specialized facilities.
- British finance minister to announce a £2 billion fund creating six-month work placement jobs for unemployed 16 to 24-year olds. The fund targets young people as they usually bear the brunt of economic crises and are disproportionately hit by the pandemic due to the sectors they work in.
Missed a day? Visit our archives page for all Covid-19 Daily News Updates.