Covid-19 Daily News Updates – Download July 06, 2020
Covid-19 Daily News Updates brought to you by Skyline Entourage to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. We know as business owners and marketers that working from home cam be hectic. This is meant to serve as another resource you can rely on from our team to help support you.
For your convenience we’ve prepared a downloadable PDF of Covid-19 Daily News Updates and headlines. You can download your copy that you can share with your team here. Click Here to Download a PDF version.
- COVID-19 has greatly affected Canada’s fashion sector causing mass damages and some closing for good. Estimates show higher end retailers will likely come out of this along with strong retailers like Zara and H&M. Estimates show total retail apparel sales to drop by 28 to 32% in 2020.
- Calls are growing for the Trudeau government to tell the nation and opposition parties how big the deficit and debt is from the COVID-19 spending. Trudeau said to update the country on the state of Ottawa’s finances July 8th, showing snapshot of official deficit estimated at $256 billion.
- French TGV high-speed train maker Alstom prepared to sell assets to secure early EU antitrust approval for its bid for Bombardier’s rail division. Alstom’s bid for Bombardier worth up to $6.2 billion. EU competition enforcer would like to demand concessions.
- To catch signs of a second wave early, Quebec is planning a more aggressive testing strategy covering asymptomatics. According to Quebec’s director of public health, Dr. Arruda,” no one requesting a test should be refused, especially with testing services currently under-used”.
- Emergent Biosolutions Inc. signed five-year pact to produce drug substance used in the Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccine candidate. This additional contract is set to put the company at the heart of future global vaccine production. First two-years of the deal is valued at $480 million.
- Uber has purchased food delivery service Postmates for $2.65 billion in stock. The deal brings together the fourth-largest food delivery service in the US with UberEats which trails only to DoorDash. Uber is banking on the food delivery services to help it through the pandemic.
- UK facing decision to allow Huawei to be involved in its telecommunications network. Prime minister Johnson said to proceed carefully on decision as it doesn’t want to allow critical infrastructure to be controlled by “potentially hostile state vendors”.
- UK hospitality sector calling on “urgent” government support to avoid mass devastation. 120 hospitality and tourism bosses signed an open letter to UK’s prime minister calling for aid and investment, such as reducing VAT tax, tax bill deferrals and rent debt covered through grants.
Missed a day? Visit our archives page for all Covid-19 Daily News Updates.