Covid-19 Daily News Updates – Download July 22, 2020
Covid-19 Daily News Updates brought to you by Skyline Entourage to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. We know as business owners and marketers that working from home cam be hectic. This is meant to serve as another resource you can rely on from our team to help support you.
For your convenience we’ve prepared a downloadable PDF of Covid-19 Daily News Updates and headlines. You can download your copy that you can share with your team here. Click Here to Download a PDF version.
- Stats Canada reports that the consumer price index rose 0.7% compared to the previous year, thus ending a run of negative inflation that began in April. The consumer price index had registered two months of negative reading. Excluding gasoline, consumer price rose 1.2%.
- After having laid off some 4,000 workers as profits sagged 60% in the second quarter due to the pandemic, CN rail has now started to bring back rail cars as auto and lumber traffic has picked up. With increased cars comes more recalled workers nationwide.
- In an effort to bring people back to Montreal’s downtown core, mayor Plante has unveiled a plan which will allocate $400,000 to urban design and cultural activities. Among the initiatives will be seven large terraces in public squares and pop-up performances on the weekends.
- Quebecers most eager to see the end of the CERB program, jump start the economy, get children back to school and start shopping again. According to a new Canadian poll, 57% of Quebec want to end the $2,000 a month program compared to only 48% of the rest of Canada.
- U.S. to pay Pfizer and German biotech firm, BioNTech, $1.95 billion to produce and deliver 100 million doses of their COVID-19 vaccine should it be proven safe and effective in humans. The vaccine to be provided at no cost to citizens. It is unclear who will get first doses.
- United Airlines will now make masks mandatory for all travelers on any of their flights as well as kiosks, baggage claims, lounges, and gates. All other major airlines, including Delta, already require masks on flights. However, there is no federal requirement for masks on flights.
- The pan-European STOXX 600 is down nearly 1%. News of the deteriorating risk appetite following a €750 billion coronavirus recovery fund to help with the bloc’s economic recovery. Now, European expectations for second quarter corporate profits are further deteriorating.
- As news that mainland Chinese markets surged in July, analysts are now monitoring levels of margin trading or borrowing money from brokerages to trade, a practice that lead to the 2015 crash. Latest rally feared to be fueled by retail investors indulging in leverage-fueled risky trading.
Missed a day? Visit our archives page for all Covid-19 Daily News Updates.