Covid-19 Daily News Updates – Download July 16, 2020
Covid-19 Daily News Updates brought to you by Skyline Entourage to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. We know as business owners and marketers that working from home cam be hectic. This is meant to serve as another resource you can rely on from our team to help support you.
For your convenience we’ve prepared a downloadable PDF of Covid-19 Daily News Updates and headlines. You can download your copy that you can share with your team here. Click Here to Download a PDF version.
- Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) says home sales continue to rebound in June after suffering plunge this year due to the pandemic. Association says June sales were up 63% on a month-over-month basis. National price average for sold homes in June was $539,000.
- Canada Central Bank’s new governor has made the decision to keep interest rates at 0.25%, in line with economists’ expectations. New governor, Macklem stated that “…interest rates are going to be unusually low for a long time”. The bank’s next decision is set for September 9th.
- Quebec based Desjardins Group acquires two real-estate brands from UK firm. The $60.5 million agreement with UK based hybrid real estate agency is to acquire its Canadian holding company and its two brands. The two companies have more than 500 employees in four provinces.
- Quebec has announced it will be increasing the capacity of walk-in COVID-19 testing clinics in the Montreal area. Officials state that 1,000 more tests will be conducted, which will be available without appointments and open seven days a week.
- Johnson & Johnson raised its full-year profit projections and beat analysts’ estimates for quarterly earnings as strength in its pharmaceutical unit cushioned a steep decline in sales of its medical devices. The Company is among many racing to find a vaccine.
- Analysts release a list of 30 brands making noticeable presence in US markets, even through the pandemic and poised to survive it. Among others are, Oatly, a non-dairy alternative, Dosit and Seedlip. Deep financial backing and strong team commitment are among noted traits.
- European Central Bank decided to keep interest rates and emergency COVID-19 stimulus program unchanged while it monitors economic strength of the euro zone. The size of the stimulus program is at €1.35 trillion. Latest projections points to an 8.7% GDP contraction this year.
- After OPEC and other producers, including Russia, agreed to ease record supply curbs for August, oil prices fell. However, the drop was cushioned by tightening global inventories as economic activity picks up. OPEC’s cuts represent 77 million barrels per day through December.
Missed a day? Visit our archives page for all Covid-19 Daily News Updates.