Covid-19 Daily News Updates – Download December 29, 2020
Covid-19 Daily News Updates brought to you by Skyline Entourage to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. We know as business owners and marketers that working from home cam be hectic. This is meant to serve as another resource you can rely on from our team to help support you.
For your convenience we’ve prepared a downloadable PDF of Covid-19 Daily News Updates and headlines. You can download your copy that you can share with your team here. Click Here to Download a PDF version.
- The Federal cabinet is to decide in early January whether to approve Air Canada’s $180 million purchase of its smaller rival Air Transat, amid concerns the anticipated merger would choke competition and result in higher prices for passengers.
- Experts say the new year is likely to continue to bring higher prices across many categories of spending, with the demand for non-essential purchases potentially resuming towards the end of the coming year. RBC has forecasted a 2-2.5% rise in food prices for 2021.
- Quebec’s Caisse de depot et placement to invest $1 billion into an offshore windfarm near Taiwan. With the investment, the Caisse with its Taiwanese partner Cathay PE will jointly acquire 50% of the Grand Changhua 1 offshore wind farm.
- Montreal hospital administrators and front-line workers are said to be bracing for a surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations in a week or two, which is in line with the government’s projections last week warning of over-capacity as early as January 12.
- U.S. treasury yields move higher ahead of senate vote on the COVID relief package. Yield on the benchmark 10-year treasury note was higher at 0.9431%, while the yield on the 30-year treasury bond was also higher at 1.6844%. Yields moved inversely to prices.
- Cloud software vendor, Qualtrics, are about to go public with initial price range of $20 to $24 a share, which would value the company at $12 billion to $14.4 billion, up from the $8 billion that SAP paid when it acquired Qualtrics. The firm is to be listed on Nasdaq as ticker “XM”.
- China and EU are close to reaching a long-awaited business investment deal. The agreement, expected to be finalized this week, would give EU firms better access to the Chinese market, and improve competition conditions.
- A new study suggests Britain needs to vaccinate 2 million people a week in order to avoid a third wave of the virus. The study also reports that in the absence of a substantial vaccine roll-out plan, cases, hospitalizations, ICU admissions and deaths could surpass those from 2020.
Missed a day? Visit our archives page for all Covid-19 Daily News Updates.