Covid-19 Daily News Updates – Download December 11, 2020
Covid-19 Daily News Updates brought to you by Skyline Entourage to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. We know as business owners and marketers that working from home cam be hectic. This is meant to serve as another resource you can rely on from our team to help support you.
For your convenience we’ve prepared a downloadable PDF of Covid-19 Daily News Updates and headlines. You can download your copy that you can share with your team here. Click Here to Download a PDF version.
- Fitch Ratings projects Canadian home prices to fall by 5% in 2021. The projected decline is attributed to a lower demand due to high unemployment levels and increasing affordability issues, the latter up to now has been supported by government programs but is unsustainable.
- Canadian based Lululemon Athletica Inc posts third-quarter earnings and revenue beating expectations due to online sale boom. Net revenue rose 22% reaching US$1.1billion. Its shares fell less than 1% in late trading Thursday, as the stock has already risen 59% since January.
- First vaccinations in the province set to begin in one of Montreal’s long-term care homes and could start as early as this weekend. The rollout depends on how soon the doses arrive. If the rollout starts this weekend, Montreal would be the first place in the country to begin vaccination.
- Montreal lays out more details of its plan to be carbon neutral by 2050. There are 50 actions in the plan including planting half a million new trees, prioritizing electric cars with more parking, and charging stations and moving more homes from natural gas and oil heating, among others.
- U.S. consumer prices barely rose in November. The producer price index for final demand edged up 0.1% last month following a 0.3% October increase. November’s gain is the smallest since April. News supports view that inflation to stay benign in near terms as the virus restrains markets.
- After a key panel external to the FDA overwhelmingly endorsed the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, the FDA is “rapidly” working toward clearing the vaccine for emergency use authorization. The advisory committee panel voted 17 to 4 with one abstention to recommend the vaccine.
- World shares slipped and sterling headed to its lowest in a month as markets dealt with the risk of Britain leaving EU without a trade deal. Europe’s broad Euro STOXX 600 shed 1.3%, with indexes in Paris and London slumping 2.1% and 1.1% respectively.
- The UK supreme court allows a 14 billion pound class action lawsuit against MasterCard for allegedly overcharging more than 46 million people in Britain over a 15-year period in a historic judgement. If successful, the suit could entitle each adult in Britain to 300 pounds.
Missed a day? Visit our archives page for all Covid-19 Daily News Updates.